Have you lost one or more teeth? Do you want to repair that gap? Maybe you should consider dentures. Dr. Josh Montgomery in Springfield, MO, specializes in family dentistry, which means he provides patients several solutions, including dentures.
What are dentures?
Dentures are oral appliances made of plastic resin that conceal missing teeth lost due to tooth decay, gum disease, or trauma. There are several types of dentures and consulting Dr. Montgomery is your best first step.
- Immediate Dentures are temporary
- Conventional Full Dentures are custom-made permanent appliances
- Implant-Supported Overdentures use dental implants to support dentures
- Transitional Partial Dentures are also temporary until you get dental implants
- Removable Partial Dentures are used instead of dental implants
How do you care for your dentures?
When you get your dentures, it's important to know how to properly care for them:
- Remove dentures after eating and rinse them by running water over them.
- Handle dentures carefully by placing a towel on the counter while you remove them to avoid damaging them.
- Brush your dentures daily using a soft-bristled brush and nonabrasive denture cleanser.
- Soak dentures overnight in water or a mild denture-soaking solution overnight.
- Rinse dentures thoroughly after they've been in the denture-soaking solution to avoid ingesting dangerous chemicals.
- One of the advantages of family dentistry is you can schedule regular dental checkups for you and your whole family.
- Avoid abrasive cleaning materials, whitening toothpaste, bleach-containing products, and hot water that may damage dentures leaving them with a shorter lifespan by warping the denture itself and/or corroding the material.
Need a consultation?
It's time you take care of your dental health and improve your smile! family dentistry can help you do just that. For more information about dentures, you can contact Dr. Josh Montgomery at his Springfield, MO, dental office, at (417) 883-2111.