Dental crowns, also called synthetic tooth caps, are typically used to reinforce teeth that are soft and fragile, due to damage from dental trauma, injury, or decay. If it's apparent that your smile needs cosmetic or restorative repair, visit your Springfield, MO, dentist, A. Joshua Montgomery D.D.S., PC, to discuss dental crowns.
Signs You May Need a Dental Crown
If you require a root canal, bridgework, or if you decide on dental implants, you'll receive a crown at the end of the procedure to prevent fractures and protect the surrounding teeth. Additional common signs you may need a crown include:
- Deep cracks or painful fractures in the teeth
- Discomfort when chewing foods you once loved
- You have a large cavity that requires a more substantial filling
To determine if a dental crown is right for your situation, your dentist will consider several factors during a consultation at our Springfield, MO, office, including the location of the problem tooth, its function, and the color of your surrounding teeth.
Benefits of a Dental Crown
There are many advantages to choosing dental crowns. These include but are not limited to:
- Easily disguising discolored teeth
- Enhancing the aesthetics of your smile
- Protecting a weak tooth from chips and cracks
- Restoring teeth to their natural shape and size
- Making teeth stronger than they were before
Need Dental Work? Give Us a Call
If you are interested in renovating your smile, a dental crown is a popular and durable choice for improving your facial appearance and oral health. During a consultation, Dr. Joshua Montgomery can discuss all the details with you. If you'd like to learn more about dental crowns and other services provided, visit our website. To schedule an appointment with your dentist, please call our office in Springfield, MO, at (417) 883-2111.